Sponsorship supports enhanced opportunities for Minnesota’s active farmers, agriculturalists and rural communities.
At the 96th Annual Meeting of the Minnesota Farm Bureau, held recently in Bloomington, Minn., Accu-Steel, Inc., was recognized as a Benefactor-level sponsor for its ongoing support of the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation and its work to enhance opportunities for the state’s farmers, agriculturists and rural communities. “We are honored to be part of the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation’s important work,” says Jason Owen, owner and president of Accu-Steel, Inc. “Enhancing the opportunities for the agricultural community in Minnesota supports sustainable farming, improves consumer understanding of the industry and develops leadership skills in youth and active farmers, helping to ensure a bright future for agriculture in Minnesota.”
Among the projects supported by the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation are:
• Ag Cab Lab: An interactive and engaging exhibit that allows kids of all ages to hop in a combine or tractor cab and experience what it’s like to be a farmer.
• Speak for Yourself: A program aimed at training actual farmers to tell their story about farming and answer questions during public and private speaking engagements.
• Youth and Leadership Programs: Support of 4-H, FFA, Ag in the Classroom, youth livestock exhibitions, Farmcamp and a variety of other programs.
• Annual Academic Scholarships: Awarded for post-secondary education in an agricultural field.
• Ag Transportation Handbook: A book updated with state and federal statutes, rules and exemptions for transporting agriculture goods on highways.
“The sponsorship of organizations such as Accu-Steel is essential to continuing our mission of supporting opportunities for farmers and rural communities in Minnesota,” says Ruth Meirick, director of the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation. “Our investment in people and programs at the county level results in hands-on opportunities for consumers to experience agriculture while building the leadership and communication skills necessary for farmers to tell their own story.” Accu-Steel is joined in the top-level Benefactor sponsorship category by Agri-Bank, AgStar, Farm Bureau Financial Services, Hormel Foods and Polaris, as well as the Minnesota Corn Growers Association and the Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council. “Accu-Steel has many loyal customers and dealers across the state of Minnesota,” Owen says. “Supporting the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation is a tangible way Accu-Steel can demonstrate its commitment to their local agricultural communities.”
About Accu-Steel, Inc.: Accu-Steel manufactures fully engineered galvanized steel frame fabric covered buildings for a wide variety of uses including salt and sand storage; machinery protection; aviation storage and livestock production. Headquartered in Templeton, Iowa, Accu-Steel, Inc., serves customers worldwide.For more information, visitwww.asicoverbuildings.com.
About the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation: Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation provides opportunities for supporters of agriculture to invest in people and programs focused on supporting active farmers and agriculturalists, better connecting agriculture to consumers and servicing rural communities. For more information, visitwww.fbmn.org/pages/foundation.